A Guest Post by
We all have goals and tasks that we want to accomplish but unfortunately we donât always find ourselves motivated to do our tasks or to pursue our goals.
One of the big differences between successful people and those who didnât succeed yet is the ability of the first group to motivate themselves to work on their goals.
Certainly we all want to be successful and thatâs why I decided to write this post to tell you about 5 surefire ways that can help you motivate yourself.
1) Know exactly what you donât want: Sometimes knowing exactly what you donât want can motivate you more than knowing what you want. Wanting to be rich will certainly motivate you but not wanting to be poor, miserable, broken, sad or helpless can sometimes motivate you more.
Visualize the worst scenarios that can happen If you didnât work on your goals can give you a strong motivational boost.
2) Combine both positive and negative motivation: In order not to fall in the trap of negative thinking you must use both positive and negative motivation techniques. Just like you should remind yourself of the negative consequences you should use visualization and images to remind yourself of the amazing feelings you will get when you succeed.
For example if you want to get rich you can hang on the wall above your computer a picture of your dream house or dream car. Each time you will look at them you will get motivated.
3) Donât wait for the right mood or the right time: Lots of people mistakenly believe that people who are highly motivated always feel good while pursing their goals while the truth is that those who are self motivated have learned how to work even if they feel really bad.
Its not about waiting for a good mood to start but its about learning how to start even if there is no good mood.
4) Use motivational media: No one can underestimate the effect of suggestions we receive from songs, movies, pictures ..etc. If you are getting these suggestions anyways then why not make some of them positive by filtering out the negative media you get subjected to and increasing the positive media you encounter?
5) Lack of knowledge results in lack of motivation: Why would a person who want to do something badly never become motivated to do it? For example I know many people who would die to lose weight but in the same time never try to do it. The reason some people lack motivation is that they donât know what to do in order to solve their problems, had those people educated themselves about possible solutions they will become motivated to pursue their goals
Farouk Radwan wrotes for The Ultimate Source for self understanding – 2knowmyself.com You can find him on Facebook as m.farouk.radwan and on Twitter as @2knowmyself
Thanks, Farouk for the motivation on a Friday morning!
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Work with Liz on your business!!
Successful-Blog is a proud affiliate of