Not to be outdone by Successful Blog or by Lifehacker, our friend and colleague, liberal cowboy next door at jackofallblogs released his own list of 7 1/2 Steps to a Googilicious Website, and I have to give his post a 10.
I’ll translate his 7 1/2 steps for you here and you can read them in his own fine prose over at his blog. Please note that these are tips for websites, not necessarily for blogs.
- 1. Get a domain name. Google doesn’t like subdomains names.
- 2. Use a content management system to keep the code clean.
- 3. Write original content and lots of it.
- 4. Careful how you use the “more–>” feature if you have one. It doubles page your page views, but require you optimize your pages as two.
- 5. Write titles that attract attention.
- 6. Link to your own documents.
- 7. Get other folks to link to your documents too.
and the last is one I never knew
- 71/2. The cowboy says he’s not a genius.
Darn, why didn’t I think of that one?
ME “Liz” Strauss
A Side Note–
PS–To all my new friends who visit here from the one link to this page.
Though I’ve made my share of mistakes–they’re on the meta-tags page–this page always was a JOKE. It’s a take off on another post. I see now that it’s dangerous to joke about SEO. Sorry about that.
Meanwhile, the nachos, Jack Daniels, and refreshments are in the sidebar under the ads. Pull up a chair and stick around as long as you want. We like people here.