February 23, 2012
Liz published this at 7:46 am
A Guest Post by
Youâ€™re a hard-charging, forward-thinking, social entrepreneur master of the universe. But have you colored lately? Have you flown a kite? Have you read a novel?
No. Me neither.
Todayâ€™s post comes with a mission. If you accept, follow the steps below. Doctorâ€™s orders.
- Take 15 minutes today and find a quiet, comfortable place. Turn off your phone, laptop, radio, etc.
- Close your eyes and picture your 12 year old self. School just let out and you just got home. You chucked your bookbag in the hallway, grabbed a snack, and youâ€™re free.
- What are you going to do between now and dinner? Visualize as intensely as possible.
- Write down five things that came to your mind. Ride your bike? Curl up in your beanbag chair (donâ€™t judge) and listen to music? Call your buddies and shoot some baskets?
- Now schedule time to do at least one of those activities this week. Schedule it. And while youâ€™re doing the activity, you are not allowed to daydream about the TPS report or worry about how many Tweets youâ€™ve missed. Simply revel in the joy of having fun.
As for me? Youâ€™ll find me in the hammock with the latest issue of Bon Appetit.
Would you like to share what your 12-year-old self was up to this week? Iâ€™d love it if youâ€™d report back with your results in the comments.
Author’s Bio: Rosemary Oâ€™Neill is an insightful spirit who works for social strata — a top ten company to work for on the Internet . Check out their blog. You can find her on Google+ and on Twitter as @rhogroupee