June 21, 2005
Liz published this at 11:04 pm
From: D. Keith Robinson
Last week I posted a list of Blogging Don’ts.
As I like to accentuate (and finish with) the positive, I’ve written up a short list of blogging do’s. Feel free to add your own in the comments.
- Be honest and open. One of the things that makes blogging great, and unique, is the transparency it brings.
- Have fun with it.
- Write about things you love and have passion for.
- Write with a smile on your face.
- Credit your sources and link to them. People love to be linked to and might return the favor.
- Write as often as you can. The more you write, the better a writer you’ll be.
- Add some personality and humor to your posts.
- Respond to feedback. Show your readers that you’re listening and that you care what they’ve got to say.
- Edit as much as you can. But don’t dwell on your mistakes.
- Check your facts.
- Admit when you’re wrong, make corrections and explain your mistakes.
- Take some chances.