For all who write, here’s a change to promote yourself and your business:
Do you know the Writer’s Blog Alliance? If you’ve never been, you should check it out. All blog writers are welcome but particularly suited are those who publish writing blogs. One of the founders, Deborah Woehr, also publishes:
The Writers Buzz
A blog on promoting what you’ve written
Deborah’s Novel–a great read with strong plot and characters
Deborah’s Personal Writing Journal–some great writer’s tips from this pro
Now Deborah is putting together an anthology to which I’ve already submitted. I think that you should know about it.
From Deborah : Seeking Submissions for the 2006 Writer’s Blog Anthology
Whether you’re a professional writer, a part-time freelancer, or a beginner, here is your chance to submit your best blog post for inclusion in what we hope to be the start of an annual tradition. We need submissions for the following categories:
At this time, we are not offering any payment for submissions. This is a volunteer effort.
Deadline for Submission: January 31, 2006
Guidelines for Submission
1. All submissions must be in well-written English. No excessive slang, profanity, violence, etc.
2. Your blog must be at least three months old.
3. Include your real name, the name of your blog, the link to your blog, and a thumbnail image of your blog.
4. Include the post that gained the most response from your readers, adding a short paragraph that summarizes their reaction.
5. Don’t forget your byline, where you can include links to your other blogs, books, business websites, etc.
6. Please do not submit any more than two entries. There is no guarantee that both entries will be accepted. If you do submit a second entry, it must be from another blog with a completely different subject from the first (ex. a fiction blog and a column blog about politics). All double submissions with similar subjects will be rejected.
7. Submit your entries to email@example.com
Check out the Writer’s Blog Alliance and what they have to offer, and do throw caution to the wind and give Deborah’s Anthology a chance at your best work for her anthology.
–ME “Liz” Strauss