Paint.NET packs a lot of power in a small package
Great Find: Paint.NET
Target Audience: All computer users
Content: Who doesn’t like free? While some argue that this might not be the application a graphics professional would use, it is a powerful photo and image manipulation application to add to the average computer user’s toolbox. This week we’re looking at Paint.NET, a Windows application.
Thanks to Chris at Martial Developmentfor pointing out this tool.
Here are five things I like about Paint.NET:
- The application is free and open source (of course this is #1)
- It’s easy to learn – no classes needed
- You can undo and redo actions with the history feature
- It has layers, allowing you to easily create composites
- Red eye removal, rotate, and zoom are just a few of the special effect adjustments you can make
Click the screenshot to go there.
Paint.NET is a tool you will want to try. The CNET review lists it with 4 stars from both editors and users.
Stay tuned… next week is ?
–Sandy, Purple Wren