It’s a Movie! It’s a Thought Worth Having!
The idea of a bucket list isn’t a new one or that exceptional. We used to talk about such things when we were kids. Then it was
If you had 6 months to live and all of the money in the world what would you do before you died?
A bucket list is just that
What would you do before you kick the bucket?
Jeff has added a new twist.
What things on your bucket list will you scratch off in 2008?
Jeff Pulver made a bucket list in response to the Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman movie by that name. But he didn’t throw out isn’t any nebulous challenge. Oh no! It’s what will we remove from our list curing 2008. As Jeff said,
In the spirit of the movie, and in the spirit of trying to make 2008 be the year that we all start to do some of the things we would like to accomplish one day, I thought it would be fun to reach out to friends across the blogosphere and ask them to share some of the things on their “Bucket List” they hope to remove during 2008. For some of us, these are not necessarily our “New Year’s Resolutions”, but rather things we have been meaning to do for some time that we WILL get done in 2008.
How could I say “no” to that?
My 2008 Bucket List
In 2008, I plan to knock a few things off the list of “what I want to do while I still have time” list. . . I know these for sure.
- To be paid to speak, teach, and have ideas, and to get to do so in more than one country.
- To attend the social media breakfast in London that Jeff Pulver has on his list.
- To be an integral part of launching an original idea — an idea in progress — and to see that it funds itself.
- To decide which book I need to write and whether I need to write it alone.
- To get to know at least one new person a week.
- To spend a weekend or more at a vineyard with the friend I’ve known longest, a weekend, at least, with two other such friends, and several hours in person with my best friend from college..
- To find someone who ‘s interested in getting this symphony out of my head and onto a musical score.
- To travel with my son and to surprise my husband with something he wants but doesn’t need.
thank you, Jeff Pulver for inviting us to keep each other alive and thinking.
Of course, the giving back, the laughing, and the hanging out here with my friends goes without saying.
Now I pass this along in hopes that some others might share their list too, because I’m interested:Sashi Bellamkonda, Becky McCray, Mike Sigers, Ann Michael, J.P. Rangaswami, Anne Wayman, Glenda Hyatt Watson, and Mike DeWitt.
Actually, I’m really interested in everyone’s bucket list. What will you cross off your bucket list in 2008?
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Work with Liz!!