What Might a Few Tweaks Do for You?
Dave Olson and I were having an email conversation. We were discussing the state of the blogosphere and other important world-saving, super-hero stuff, when in the middle he said this.
I’m wondering if you might be able to help me out. I paid attention when you highlighted my post last week and you said:
“Bet you can apply that to design, branding, and marketing your blog”
I’ve posted an article asking for some feedback on the design and branding of my site. I would really appreciate it if you had a few minutes that you could take a look at it and give me any feedback you might have.
So I invited Dave to get tweaked Above the Fold.
Here’s how the Above the Fold Tweak Process works.
- I make a Ã¢â¬ÅbeforeÃ¢â¬Â screenshot.
- We talk through some changes for readability.
- The blogger makes the changes.
- We talk while the tweaks are in process.
- I take an Ã¢â¬ÅafterÃ¢â¬Â screenshot and share the results in a post.
The blog: DaveOlson.ca
Blogger: Dave Olson
This is the before shot of Dave’s blog that I took on the day that we tweaked his blog. Click to enlarge.
Three Tweaks that We Agreed Upon
In this series, we concentrate only three important tweaks for each blog that is featured. These are the tweaks that Dave and I agreed upon.
- We’d change the main type face to serif.
- We’d change the color of the links in the sidebar.
- We’d adjust the spacing of the headings.
We made other changes. Can you see them?
For the results, turn the page now. [Read more…]