Performancing Awards 2007 Reader’s Choice Poll
I’ve received several emails pointing out that I’ve been selected as a candidate for the Performancing 2007 “The Most Influential Blogger” award. I didn’t know how to respond, except to think . . .
Wow! It’s stunning to be on a list with people I so admire.
- Darren Rowse (ProBlogger)
- Seth Godin (Seth’s Blog)
- Brian Clark (Copyblogger)
- Michael Arrington (Tech Crunch)
- Lorelle (Lorelle on WordPress)
- Liz Strauss (Successful Blog)
Thank you, for noticing the incredible people who come here.
Thank you, for noticing the conversations and relationships we share.
Thank you, too, for handing me a question to ponder.
How Do You Recognize an Influential Blogger?
I”m struck to realize that a person cannot achieve influence. At best, someone might grow it like a garden –with passion, talent, hard work, and a climate that bestows it.
Musicians are influenced by those who went before them, those they follow, and those they perform with. Writers, actors, and bloggers are influenced in similar ways. How do we choose who has influential power?
We’re all so interconnected. It can’t be only links or traffic. It can’t be the numbers that Google sends our way.
Made via Touchgraph
So many people have touched and changed the way I relate and write. So many have been models when I wondered how to respond or when I needed information. I couldn’t list the people. I had to list the qualities they share.
The people who influence my thinking have these traits in common . . .
- Character and Talent . . . They can be trusted and are leaders because they have matched their talent to their life.
- Expertise and Curiosity . . . They did the work and still look with wonder.
- Rebels with Rules . . . They have deep sense of tradition and still reach to improvise.
- Depth and Drive . . . They go for it and reflect on where they’ve gone.
- Wisdom and Street Cred . . . They’ve been around the block and taken value from it.
- Sameness and Uniqueness . . . They understand that we’re all the same in that we all must write our own version.
- Passion and Detachment . . . They invest their hearts, but evaluate with their minds.
- Humility and Pride . . . They know they stand on the shoulders of those who went before them and still value what they have accomplished on their own.
- Introverts in extroverts clothes . . . They share themselves in amazing ways and still are private.
I suspect that if you asked them they would say, they know they have influence, but they often wonder why.
I’ve been thinking about my time as a blogger and wondering how I could possibly choose just one person who was Most Influential. The idea seems overwhelming, even when presented with a short from which to choose. We all so influence each other.
How do you choose the Most Influential Blogger?
Performancing is offering you that choice.
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Work with Liz!!