There’s more to SnagIt than capturing screen shots and editing visual elements . . .
Great Find: SnagIt
Target Audience: All computer users
Content: This week I want to tell you about a tool that’s earned a permanent home on my PC. For everyday use, I always turn to SnagIt from TechSmith. It’s fast and easy-to-use for screen captures and editing visual elements, and it has more power than you might expect for $39.95. The development team is supportive and always looking for ways to improve the product.
Here are eight ways I use SnagIt:
- Capture graphics of my screen when collaborating with others
- Convert file formats (e.g., .jpg to .gif)
- Capture all the image files from a specified URL
- Capture a rolling screen
- Select options like borders or resolution before making the capture so my images are consistent
- Edit photos in batches to save time
- Use paint tools to add arrows, text, etc.
- Making a collage
There is a capture timer feature that allows you to take screen shots at predefined times. (I’m trying that next!) They offer a Tip of the Day, tutorials, and lots of help screens. Try the 30-day free trialtoday!
SnagIt is a tool I have come to rely on and I wanted to share it with you. Let me know what you think!
Stay tuned… next week is a tool that’s free!
–Sandy, Purple Wren