Happy New Year!
This is the time of year to celebrate new projects, and what project could be more celebratory than getting ready for SOBCon 2009?
How about an affiliate program for SOBCon 2009? That’s right, Terry Starbucker wanted me to let you all know that there is a super new way to promote the conference and save yourself some money!
We have launched the “SOBCon09 Affiliates Program” on Eventbrite.
This provides bloggers the opportunity to earn a referral commission for every registration that results from a click-through from their site.
Of course, this helps SOBCon promote the event too!
The commission will be 5% of the registration amount.
Of course, you all can sign up for this and earn some commissions – please also tell your friends about it as well.
This is what you need to do:
1) Go to the Eventbrite Affiliate link.
2) If you have an Eventbrite account, you will be prompted to log in. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to provide an e-mail account and a password.
3) Once you do that, you’ll go to another screen that will ask you to join the program.
4) Open a new browser window/tab and grab one of the SOBCon badge/widgets below.
5) Copy/paste the appropriate badge/widget to your blog/website
6) Return to your Eventbrite window, to the “My Account” page that will have the referral link to put on your blog, copy this link code
7) Add this link to the badge/widget on your blog.
8) Publish, go to your blog and check to see that the link works.
9) Return to Eventbrite, you should find that your account has been updated with a least one site visit. You can check your ongoing ticket sales and commissions on the “Account” page, “Event Affiliate Program” tab.
For right now you can use one of these banner for your promotions, we will have some more cool banners soon.
Then use the referral link that you were given to send folks to the Eventbrite registration site.
Good luck! We are looking forward to seeing you in Chicago!