That Fireworks Feeling of Celebration!
Remember when you first were going to see the fireworks? It wasn’t that different from the first day of school or the first day of that new fabulous job! And if you’ve ever started your own business, the first day you’ve got things in order to launch is certainly a time worth celebrating with fireworks!
Then come the days that follow that often get filled with more work and a little less of that brand-new feeling that made everything easy at that very first. I’ve been taken by the thought of how much fun it is when we get back with our heads, hearts and our hands in our business and everything once again works.
Here are 30 blog posts based on solid strategy — a realistic plan that moves you forward over time by taking advantage of the opportunities that are uniquely yours.
- Stating your mission and sharing the vision
- Seeing and levering your unique position
- Finding opportunities in changing conditions
- Bringing leadership to decisions
- Building networks and systems to align your goals.
These five strategic steps and the blog posts that explain them are yours for building the kind of business that feels great every day when you walk into work. So get ready to strategize some, to make some plans, to explode your business and then once again you can celebrate!
Be of the Right Mind
- The Top 10 Ways to Start Living Your Life Life either happens to us, or we take hold of life and live it. Here are 10 Ways to get a life and start living it.
- 5 Ways to Take the Work Out of Work and Connect with Life Ever notice that some of us live, some of work to live, some of us live to work â¦ and one or two of us seem to BE a piece of work?
Stating Your Mission and Sharing the Vision
- Why Play the Game, If We Arenât Playing for Keeps? Why should anyone believe the shoemaker makes fabulous shoes if his own shoes are ratty?
- Is Your Strategy About Winning Opportunities?Tactics are interesting. The accomplishments they bring can be thrilling. But the bigger picture that a strategic mission lays out is powerful and amazing thinking.
- How to Make Your Dream Come True â Thought, Strategy, Action You can wonder. You can wish. You can wait for help. Say that you will, or say that you canât right now. The most important key to a dream come true is personal investment
- How to Share the Vision and the Plan with a Business-Building Community We have to be able to explain â what weâre building and what roles others might play.
- WHY Doing What We Love Is Solid Business Thinking Because itâs how weâre wired as humans. We bring our best to whatever challenge we face. Weâre better when weâre inspired by deep feeling.
Seeing and Leverage Your Unique Position
Position is the unique combination of where you stand in your field and what you bring to it.
- Are You Seeing So Much That Youâre Blind? With or without a real itinerary, traveling too fast made see so much I was blind to the people around me.
- 8 Powerfully Subtle Ways to Let Your Work Show Your Expertise To be recognized as a expert requires communication skills and social skills as well as technical expertise.
- Marketing Strategy ala Mickey Mouse Eisner didnât make random decisions. He followed solid business strategy. Anyone can use these strategic principles for success in any enterprise from a service business to a blog.
- Checklist: Opportunity Is Knowing Your Position on the Playing Field Think through where your brand and your business is right now.
Personal Branding: Strengths Assessment Tool Hereâs a tool to help you assess what you have to work with.
Find Opportunities in Changing Conditions
Every business faces change in cycles, climates, and shifts. That change holds opportunities that are fit our unique position and skills. Working with change grows a business.
- Change As Influence: How to Get the Attention of Deniers, Followers, Dreamers, and Leaders? Every now and then, something happens that pulls the rug out from under us â¦
- How to Claim Your Ground and Own It It was still the 20th Century when someone told me that I could count on these four words to always be true â¦ This too will change.
- Do You Sleep in the Freeze or Invest in the Spring? The sailors who love sailing know just saw it as part of the yearly progress of the sailing âroutine.â
- Stop Thinking Poor â Start Irresistibly Growing Your Business Something negative happens. People hit a wall with their business. They pull back, retreat to safer ground to protect what they have.
- The 5 Step Strategy that Saved a Company Can Also Get You to Your Dream Working with strategy of any kind, it comes with the territory to know that, the minute a strategy is worked out, it is outdated. Thatâs because the information on which the strategy is based has already moved and changed.
Bring Leadership to Decisions
Making command decisions is about understanding the role of a leader and the people who can help a business thrive.
- Leaders and Higher Ground Thereâs not a person on the planet
who has not been a jerk.
- How Do You Recognize and Attract Heroes and Champions for Your Brand? Before you try to create evangelists why not reach out the ones you already know?
- Strategy: All of the Information Available Strategy is setting a vision, making a path, knowing what we can know, and planning for the variables. To know what we know . . . That means having command of the information available.
- Have You Tried the DO Strategy of Social Business Success? People who succeed DO what the work to get themselves where they want to be.
Money Strategy, a Dead Horse, and Folks The key here is whether the new upgrade will pay for itself in productivity, quality of life, or other tangible or intangible benefits. In circumstances such as this, here are some of the âgo or no goâ questions.
Build Networks and Systems
Networks and communities are the people who help the business thrive. Systems and processes are the ways of doing things that support the work people are doing.
- The 5-Point Strategy to a Powerful Network Networks of people can be powerful influencers. A network of influencers expands our knowledge and our reach by engaging the power of âWE.â The problem is that networks take time to build and require attention.
- How Do You Get a Community to Help Build Your Business? The beauty of enlisting a social media community from the start is that communities only have time for ideas that will work.
- A Barn Raisers Guide: 7 Ways to Leave the Field of Dreams to Build a Thriving Reality Barn Raisers invite collaboration from the people theyâll be serving and so what they build is often a gathering place for people even before itâs fully finished.
- Where Would a 30-Minute Strike Force Strategy Increase Your Productivity? When the piles start to slow down progress try this 30-minute strategy to get back to a Command Center that works for you and your productivity.
Building A Powerful Personal Developmental Network â Is Your Next Teacher on Twitter? Whether weâre a company or an individual, itâs easy to find reasons that we made our successes, but that our failures were due to other circumstances. Thatâs where a powerful personal developmental network can keep things real.
Leave hesitation behind. go for the win and claim your successes.
- Extreme Hesitation and Extreme Strategy: Are You Willing to Own Your Life? Because deeply knowing where youâre going is irresistibly attractive.
- How to Turn a #Fail Position into a #Win Then it struck me that how I was looking at the problem was what was keeping it a problem.
- Are You Ready to Claim the Right Things Youâve Done? Weâre great about learning from our losses. Weâre not so great a learning from our success.
It’s a true calling that allows to serve other people by providing a service that make’s other folks lives easier, faster, and more meaningful. That kind of calling is worth celebrating because it makes us all feel more alive. Other people find a living soul irresistible, fascinating, and attractive. They come to see what makes a person so engaged, directed, energetic, and calm. The best part of bringing that kind of true strategy to work is that it is contagious and explodes into that a fireworks feeling that we all can paint the sky with light!
It took a few years to write the blog posts I gathered here for my birthday. It took a lifetime to learn what they say … what will you do with them?
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Work with Liz on your business!!