October 2, 2008
Liz published this at 12:27 pm
Have Got Another 25 Words?
If you were reading last July, you might recall the 25 Words of Work/Life Wisdom writing project we did together . . .
The 25-word writing exercise is a powerful and elegant experience of thinking. Write a sentence. Then watch the initial idea evolve as you edit to engineer exactly 25 words.
Here are 25 words that connects us.
When I know
life is a story,
I’ll carry no pain.
I’ll meet you
gives its heart
over to the night.
Will you add 25 words of your own?
It’s communication. It’s participation. It’s connection. It’s a blog post.
The 25 Words that Connect Us Project
Will you accept my invitation to put 25 words about how we’re connected into a blog post? Here’s how you might go about it.
- Think about connections, connectedness, being linked together, synchronicity, serendipity, community, oneness.
- Write a sentence about it.
- Count the words you have written.
- Edit the sentence until you have 25 words exactly. Notice how your idea changes as you edit and how your feelings change with each rewrite.
- Add a picture if you can.
- Post your 25 words on your blog by October 16th.
- Link back to this post or leave a link to your post in the comments section. I don’t want to miss yours when I compile all of them.
It will be my challenge to a creative way to connect all of the ideas together. In a giant “25 words that connect us” blog post, featuring what you wrote.
Are you in? Surely you have 25 words to spare for this one.
Have your link here by 1:00a.m. October 17th, 2008 on the clock in the sidebar on this blog. That’s Chicago time.
Click to see the SLIDES of what everyone wrote last time.
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Work with Liz!!