Have Got Another 25 Words?
If you were reading last July, you might recall the 25 Words of Work/Life Wisdom writing project we did together . . .
The 25-word writing exercise is a powerful and elegant experience of thinking. Write a sentence. Then watch the initial idea evolve as you edit to engineer exactly 25 words.
Here are 25 words that connects us.
When I know
life is a story,
I’ll carry no pain.
I’ll meet you
gives its heart
over to the night.
Will you add 25 words of your own?
It’s communication. It’s participation. It’s connection. It’s a blog post.
The 25 Words that Connect Us Project
Will you accept my invitation to put 25 words about how we’re connected into a blog post? Here’s how you might go about it.
- Think about connections, connectedness, being linked together, synchronicity, serendipity, community, oneness.
- Write a sentence about it.
- Count the words you have written.
- Edit the sentence until you have 25 words exactly. Notice how your idea changes as you edit and how your feelings change with each rewrite.
- Add a picture if you can.
- Post your 25 words on your blog by October 16th.
- Link back to this post or leave a link to your post in the comments section. I don’t want to miss yours when I compile all of them.
It will be my challenge to a creative way to connect all of the ideas together. In a giant “25 words that connect us” blog post, featuring what you wrote.
Are you in? Surely you have 25 words to spare for this one.
Have your link here by 1:00a.m. October 17th, 2008 on the clock in the sidebar on this blog. That’s Chicago time. 🙂
Click to see the SLIDES of what everyone wrote last time.
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Work with Liz!!