Updates and News
We’re all looking at less than 6 weeks until we’ll be in Chicago. People from Scotland, England, France, Denmark, Mexico, Canada, and the US are coming — It’s hard not not be singing!
I thought I’d remind you of something I promised last October over on the SOBCon08 blog.
. . . you’ll have plenty of reasons you’ll be glad you made the investment to come.
Here are just 3 of them:
- SOBCon Quality. We’re keeping the size intimate — quality time with quality people.
- Actionable Ideas We’re pushing every topic from the Theory into Practice — solid plans tailored to your needs.
- Interactive format We’re redefining the word conference even further — authentic experience working together.
The biggest reason, of course, is the people you’ll get to spend quality time talking with. Imagine who’s going to be on that one weekend together — talking business and blogging until 3 in the morning.
Hotels are filling up and the room block releases soon. What does that mean? Well, it means two things:
- We’ve laid out funds to reserve rooms at a rate lower than the rack rate at the preferred hotels. Your chance to get that rate will likely disappear with the loss of the room block.
- Rooms that go unbooked, we’llhave to cover ourselves. It’s a risk we felt important to take so that none of you were left with no where to stay, but if you can book before April 1. You’ll be saying us an unnecessary expense.
Also we’ll need final numbers to commit to food and seating by April 11. So, even though, if you’re like me, we like to book at the last minute — my credit card likes that too — if there’s some way that you could register early or let us know that you plan to come, we can make sure that we don’t end up in a bind for great food.
Already our audience includes entrepreneurs, company bloggers, nonprofits, and some corporations. The folks at the Summit are so excited about the event that they’re extending an invitation to corporations who use their facilities. The Summit thinks that we have a lot to offer their patrons regarding about what we do.
And the Network Solutions folks are going to start taking appoints for in-depth blog consultations for 30 lucky attendees starting on April 1.
It’s going to be an exciting event!
Oh and don’t forget Chrisg’s contest with over $2000 worth of prizes sponsored by Chrisg and Blog Catalog!!! Make sure you sign up for Chris’ Authority Blogger newsletter to be eligible for the full prize and to see all the competition announcements.
Lot’s of reasons not to be an April Fool!! Can’t wait to see you in Chicago!
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Work with Liz!!