Guest Speaker: Mark McGuinness
Five Things about Creativity
1. Creativity happens inside the box as well as outside it Ã¢â¬â yes you need to free your mind and think laterally, but you also need rules, deadlines and constraints.
2. Creativity happens between people, not just between the ears Ã¢â¬â inspiration comes from conversation; if no-one ever hears about your idea, it may as well not exist.
3. WhatÃ¢â¬â¢s obvious to you is original to others Ã¢â¬â you’re often at your most creative when you stop trying to be original and say the first thing that comes into your mind.
4. Creativity is a mind-altering substance Ã¢â¬â when was the last time you were so absorbed in your imagination that time stood still, your surroundings disappeared and you were lost in another world?
5. Creativity can be managed Ã¢â¬â artists learn to manage their own creative process; the best managers do the same for others.
Thank you, Mark
Visit Mark at his website and blog, Wishful Thinking, where he works with professionals on how creativity and business fit together. –ME “Liz” Strauss
Let’s open the Q&A . . .
I’ll go first, Mark, how can I help businesses value creativity?
During the Virtual Conference today, you can take $100 off registration to SOBCon 07.