A Good Rant Can Be Better than Dancing!
I was sitting here, thinking about January . . . yuk! I decided maybe I should stir something up but, I didn’t feel like it. I looked at all things I should be doing. They didn’t want to get done. I checked my archives to see what might inspire me. Wouldn’t you know I found?
It’s dated January 2006. That’s when I knew it’s not me. There’s a reason it’s called the dead of winter.
I put on some music to soothe my soul. This is what played:
Let’s dance! Put on your red shoes and dance the blues. . . .
That’s what I heard: Let’s rant! [Apologies, Mr. Bowie]
Hey, I say, “blog your experience.”
I put my red shoes and decided to go with the feeling.
A Winter Rant in Red Shoes
Winter is deadly, dastardly, and despicable because
- it’s too cold.
- it’s too long.
- it’s too easy to fall down.
- snow is always whiter on someone else’s street.
- the wind actually hurts.
- it’s too dark too early.
- it’s too easy to hibernate instead of doing what I’m supposed to.
- warm coats and hats don’t come in “attractive.”
- parking places hold cars hostage. Don’t get me started about traffic.
- staying inside makes folks loony.
Whew! What a relief! Now back to the previously scheduled, David Bowie.
Sometimes you just gotta put it out there.
Feel free to put on your red shoes and . . .
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Work with Liz!!