Hardly anyone is right brain or left brain only. Some of us lean heavily one way or the other.The side favored by most people is the left-brain. It’s also the side that schools spend time developing. Most of us, however, use both sides of our brain when we need them.
Here are some interesting facts about the brains of men and women.
- Men have more brain cells than women–about 4% and 100 grams more.
- Women have more dendritic connections between their brain cells.
- Women have a larger corpus collusum, which is the organic network between the left and right brain hemispheres.This means women have a faster data transfer pipeline between the two sides.
- For most men, the left side is their dominate side.
- For most men, language skills are only in their dominate side. However, more women seem to develop language skills on both sides.
Different not better is the key here.
Knowing about Thinking
We all have brains. It’s easy to assume that all brains workthe same like legs and arms do, but that’s just not so. Still we tend to think that people who think the way we do are smart . . . and those who don’t, well, they’re not. [Read more…]