Ã¢â¬ÅWhen they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.Ã¢â¬Â – Bernard Bailey
In our increasingly self absorbed, instant gratification, microwave, victimhood, no consequences society it seems there is an ever growing number of folks who are in for a shocker whenever whatever branch of science actually does discover the center of the universe.
Since I’ve got it so much together I thought I’d share a partial list of folks who are especially in danger of this disappointment. If you are any of these people you might want to consider your “Me-centric” view of the universe.
Are you someone who
- Refuses to pull over from the fast lane to let others pass
- Chronically makes peoples wait for appointments
- Listens to your iPod so loud folks six seats away know exactly what song you are listening to
- Gets in the grocery express lane with way more than 10 items
- Lets your kids jump on the tables at restaurants
- Likes to talk way above a whisper at movies
- Attempts to refinance your mortgage at the ATM while the line backs up behind you
- Isn’t nice
- Or happens to be me?
If so, please wake up! Bernard’s warning is just for you.
–Chris Cree, SuccessCREEations.