It’s Like Open Mic Only Different
Here’s how it works.
It’s like any rambling conversation. Don’t try to read it all. Jump in whenever you get here. Just go to the end and start talking. EVERYONE is WELCOME.
The rules are simple — be nice.
There are always first timers and new things to talk about. It’s sort of half “Cheers” part “Friends” and part video game. You don’t know how much fun it is until you try it.
We’re Talking About Art!
We might talk about
- What makes it art?
- How do you know it’s art?
- Is that art?
- graphic design, photography, ceramics, weaving, welding, spin art, calligraphy, graffiti, concrete, flower arranging, art therapy, music, cinema, theatre, architecture, poetry, dance
- modern, renaissance, gothic, folk, fine
- painting, drawing, sculpture, stained glass, blown glass, calligraphy
- art history, art fairs, art galleries, art in the park
- Art isn’t what you hang on a refrigerator.
- Don’t drink and draw.
And, whatever else comes up, including THE EVER POPULAR, Basil the code-writing donkey.
Oh, and bring a link, if you have one to share.
–ME “Liz” Strauss
What is Tuesday Open Comment Night?