Relationshiping Blogging Doesn’t Work without Content
I have conversations with bloggers every day. We swap strategies and learn from each other. Yesterday I had more than one. The first conversation was with Lisa Gates. She wanted to know more about the SOBCon content. So I thought I’d bring some of it from the SOBCon 07 blog over.
What Does It Mean to Take Your Blogging to the Next Level?
It means engaging your potential, reaching for the vision and executing what you see. At SOBCon, we’re going all out to make this event insightful, content-rich, inspiring, practical, and fun!
The SOBCon Next Level Quest
Together we will strategize, discuss, and learn how to
- Respect that in business and blogging all things are based in connecting relationships
- Treat our blogs like a business, or a business-like hobby
- Define a vision for our blogs that inspires readers to be part of it
- Identify like-minded bloggers whose blogging goals match our own to swap strategies with
- Evaluate our blogs through the eyes of a first-time reader
- Use links, trackbacks, comments, design archietecture to lead to increased participation, and extended reach that could develop into business ventures
- Ensure presentation, navigation and all reader experiences are intuitive, simple and elegant
- Know our brand values as readers define them and be able to participate in how readers perceive the unique and remarkable values we offer
- Understand basic tools that are useful for video, podcasting, social media, and voice commenting
- Reach out beyond the blogosphere to non-blogging readers to become a resource they rely on
- Recognize the traits and characteristics of a successful and outstanding blog by doing blog critiques
Presenters with specialized expertise will get the conversation started, and presenters and attendees will work together to get move our blogs higher — to decide what is the next level for our individual blogs and plan how to get there!
Are you ready to take your blog to a new level?
What else could we pack into this quest?
PS Are you going to try to persuade me?