A Guest Post by
Youâre a hard-charging, forward-thinking, social entrepreneur master of the universe. But have you colored lately? Have you flown a kite? Have you read a novel?
No. Me neither.
Todayâs post comes with a mission. If you accept, follow the steps below. Doctorâs orders.
- Take 15 minutes today and find a quiet, comfortable place. Turn off your phone, laptop, radio, etc.
- Close your eyes and picture your 12 year old self. School just let out and you just got home. You chucked your bookbag in the hallway, grabbed a snack, and youâre free.
- What are you going to do between now and dinner? Visualize as intensely as possible.
- Write down five things that came to your mind. Ride your bike? Curl up in your beanbag chair (donât judge) and listen to music? Call your buddies and shoot some baskets?
- Now schedule time to do at least one of those activities this week. Schedule it. And while youâre doing the activity, you are not allowed to daydream about the TPS report or worry about how many Tweets youâve missed. Simply revel in the joy of having fun.
As for me? Youâll find me in the hammock with the latest issue of Bon Appetit.
Would you like to share what your 12-year-old self was up to this week? Iâd love it if youâd report back with your results in the comments.
Author’s Bio: Rosemary OâNeill is an insightful spirit who works for social strata — a top ten company to work for on the Internet . Check out their blog. You can find her on Google+ and on Twitter as @rhogroupee