Can You Say It in Six Words?
Robert Hruzek at Middle Zone Musings is having a contest that opens Monday.
Great Find: Very Short Story Contest at Middle Zone Musings
Audience/Topic: Folks up for a quick fun contest.
Content: Robert is taking his lead from a Wired article, Very Short Stories. He suggests you read the article for examples of how to write a story in just six words. Here are the rules as he states them:
- Read (if you like) the stories in this Wired article to get a feel for how itÃ¢â¬â¢s done.
- Write a six-word story (a kinda obvious step, I know). In fact, write a group herd bunch – the more the merrier. (There are really only two rules to this contest: a) use exactly six words, and b) because this is for general consumption, I would appreciate it if you would please keep them G-rated!)
- For those of you with blogs, post your entry on your blog, and link back to this post here at Middle Zone Musings. Then send me an email to let me know.
- For those of you without blogs (and why havenÃ¢â¬â¢t you started one yet?), you can enter your submissions via the comments on this post. No need to email me in this case.
- In return, I will link back to your post (or mention you by name, if you don’t have a blog) several times during the week, and once more in the archive post.
Good Luck and enjoy the contest!
–ME “Liz” Strauss
WritingÃ¢â¬âUgh! 10 Reasons to Get Jazzed about Writing
Why Dave Barry and Liz DonÃ¢â¬â¢t Get WriterÃ¢â¬â¢s Block
Writing YEAH! 10 WHOLE NEW Reasons to Get Jazzed About Writing