The Link Virus Epidemic
Link Leak Virus is a special strain of the indie virus with blogtipping mutations that occur in threes. On Open Comments Night the virus got out of control again. This time in NYC. Here are some cool links that were shared:
Many of the likely link leak virus carriers were there. The Advice Librarian started the conversation with talk of conquering the world. Scot Herrick sent a note from his vacation about why he couldn’t come. Joe joined in with talk of reindeer games.
Next thing you know Mark was missing NYC and sharing his accent. Chris Cree added some explanation on how New Yorkers talk. Ben came without the donkey about the time Chris was propagating something. Ben told us about the contest at his blog. HART taught us the correct way to make toast. Brian stopped in to be amazed that we could be talking instead of watching the Mavs. Then along came Tracy with real-life stories.
We managed to discuss Joe’s interview with Darren, how bad traffic can make a good design seem bad, and new tricks spammars are using.
Now for some fun for those who didn’t attend. I have a few links still trying to jump through this bloggy boat. So, pick a question and then go to the post below (just click the title to get there.) You’ll find the answer to every question somewhere in the comments.
The comment with the answers are on this post. The Mic Is on in New York City!
Playing is easy as 1 2 3 —
1. Pick one question. Only one question and answer per person. That way I can give more people a link.
2. Go find the answer.
3. Post your answer on your blog and leave a comment here. That way I can have post to link to when I proclaim you a winner and other folks know which question you’ve answered and they can come read it.
BE THE FIRST TO ANSWER and YOU’LL BE PROCLAIMED A LINK LEAK VIRUS WINNER
HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS
1. What is the correct pronunciation of Long Island and who is from Long Island?
2. Who asked Ã¢â¬Åand I feel so aloneÃ¢â¬Â¦ every body must get stoned,Ã¢â¬Â who knew the answer, and who said he was too stoned at the time to remember?
3. Who prefers Pink Floyd?
4. What was Chris propogating?
5. In which comment does it tell how many people actually played THE THREE STOOGES and how many actors were there?
6. Where is Tracy’s first paying client going in August?
7. What word made Liz color on her flat screen with crayons?
8. Which two people ordered coffee black?
9. Why did Liz apologize and say she was wrong?
10. Who said he would write a cool referral script and share it?
As I’ve said before, everyone who hangs out here is incredibly cool and incredbily intelligent. Stop by next week when we go to Tuscany for Open Comment Night. We might find out: whatever happened to Ben’s donkey while we were busy talking about Jimi Hendrix, Civilization, and forensic accounting with Tracy and HART.
PS. I’m off on an airplane to NYC, so I won’t be able to check your answers until later tonight. Good luck to all who pitch in and give it a try.
–ME “Liz” Strauss
The Mic Is on in New York City!