It’s Important to Share
After a couple of decades in publishing, I can tell you that you never get over that feeling. The best part is always that moment when all of the pieces come together into something done and whole. In blogging, it’s that second when you hit the button that says Publish. It feels satisfying and important.
Six Apart understands that. VOX proves it.
VOX is a new virtual-neighborhood blogging platform. It’s made for grandmas and grandpas and friends and families. Everything about it is geared toward sharing — sharing life with folks you invite in and sharing that feeling of doing something important.
I made a gorgeous VOX blog in less time than will take to write this blog post.
What VOX Has
What VOX has going for it is that Six Apart knows and cares about the audience who will use it. It shows in the balance of fun to features. VOX is the platform for friends and families, people who want a more familiar blogging experience, and people who want a simple satisfying hobby. Here are just a few of the reasons:
- The interface is natural and intuitive. The hardest part was picking a tagline.
- Grandma could build a blog with a post and photo in less than 30 minutes. I think I opened my account and did all of that in about 15 minutes.
- No one needs to learn to spell hard words such as CSS, PHP, or HTML.
- Flickr, Photobucket, Amazon, youTube, iFilm, iStock photo are integrated. There’s no need to find them.
- Past inserts of audio, video, and photos are easy to find and use again.
- A comment feature after every post allows Grandpa to check “This is good,” to show he read my post. He doesn’t need to type at all.
- Each post and the comments allow levels of privacy — public, friends and family, friends only, family only, you only.
The sense of community is something special. It comes from the energy of the writing on the team blog. Here are the VOX Invitation Coloring Contest Winners.
See what I mean about fun?
For screenshots and to score an invitation turn the page.
My Vox Blog
Vox post box:
Placing a photo:
Photo upload screen (similar screens offer choices for audio, video, books, and personal collections.)
VOX is still in prelaunch. If you’d like an invitation email me at email@example.com and put VOX INVITATION in the subject line of your email. I have a few because I went to the prelaunch party in Chicago.
VOX is made for folks who want to stay connected — it’s a great venue for sharing important moments with friends and family, especially for folks who don’t want to spell HTML in order to say hi to Grandma and Grandpa.
Congratulations, Six Apart!
–ME “Liz” Strauss