25 Words — It’s Harder than It Looks
Tuesday, October 24th is one-year since I wrote WhoÃ¢â¬â¢s ME Strauss and WhatÃ¢â¬â¢s She Doing Here? That was my very first post at Successful-Blog. This post is somewhere over number 1000. A lot has happened between then and now.
In that first post, I defined Successful-Blog in 33 words. Not too shabby, but not too lean either. Put it down to being new here.
Now it’s your turn. I’m having a contest — a challenge really — to see what happens when folks, great writer/bloggers like you, try to describe Successful-Blog in a few words. Here it is.
The Successful-Blog 25-Word Birthday Challenge: Define Successful Blog in 25 words max. That’s 24 PLUS One — in keeping with the plus one tradtion that’s been part of this blog for so long.
The Rules, Regulations, and Prizes
Of course there have to be rules, regulations, and prizes. So I’m going to tell you about them.
Rules and Regulations
They’re easy, and there’s not a lot of them.
1. Twenty-five words is the limit.
2. Describe Successful-Blog — your experience, a memory, something funny, UPDATE: no need for love notes to Liz . . .
3. Post your answer on your blog UPDATE:OR JUST EMAIL IT TO ME..
4. Send the link AND the 25 words to Successfulblog [at] aol [dot] com
5. Entries must be received by noon, Sunday, October 22, 2006 UPDATE:OR AS SOON AS YOU CAN.
6. One entry per person.
7. As always, be nice
Hey, I’ve got a kid in an expensive university. So bear with me on this one.
1. An autographed copy of Phil’s Book, 10 Ways to Make It Great!
2. An autographed copy of my dearest writing essay “Walking on Water.”
3. A guest post or an interview by/with me.
4. Every participant, of course, will get linked and front page notice on the 24th.
UPDATE: Kirsten Harrell, Psy.D. the dynamic and delightful author of ipop-in has donated a new prize to the 25-Words Birthday Challenge. Now one lucky winner will get a $25 Gift Certificate for an RX for a Positive Attitude.
All entries will be posted on
Monday, October 23rd. UPDATE: early a.m. Chicago time, Tuesday, October 24th. The winners will be announced Tuesday Night, but THE MIC WILL BE OPEN ALL DAY. We’re Having a Blow-Out Birthday Party!!!
So join the fun, get a link, and wish us a happy birthday!
Prize donations are still being accepted.
Who knows what the judging criteria will be? I might just have to do a random drawing if they’re all as good as I think they’ll be. Feel free to suggest some. I’m making this up as I go along.
UPDATE:The judging will be by random drawing.
— ME “Liz Strauss