Great Design Doesn’t Shout
From the eyes of a naive, intelligent customer, Escape from Cubicle Nation is not just great content. It’s also reader-supporting design done well. Let me point out 11 Things so elegantly right above the fold.
- The title says what the blog is about.
- The tag line makes the promise even clearer.
- I can see who the writer is.
- The About Page and Contact information are right there.
- Any free offers are easy to find.
- The main content is what draws my eye.
- The content is supported by a fabulous photo that draws me in.
- The title and typeface are readable and all parts of the post are identifiable.
- Everything is where I expect it to be.
- All of the pieces that go together seem to hang as one unit.
- It’s easy to see how to subscribe by email, RSS, or even podcast.
If you’re looking for a model of clean, reader-friendly design, follow the 11 Things that Escape from Cubicle Nation does well. All that and what you notice is the great content. Exactly how a great design works — great design doesn’t shout.
Click the image below to go there.
What else do you see?
–ME “Liz” Strauss