Make an Observation
When I released my eBook, a dear friend told me what he would like to see is my inspirational writing. He’s a wise man, so I listened. Every day I find some time to go back through years of writing to find what of it still inspires me.
Yesterday, I found these thoughts — each expressed in 25 words.
I watch her
work tirelessly for others,
from her emotional bank account.
No time for a deposit.
No wonder she feels without funds.
——I watch myself
giving my brain control
of my emotional bank account.
Time to stop and marvel
before my funds start running out.
I had this thought in 25 more words. . . .
Words measured carefully
tell how we use our life and our energy.
It took only 25 words to say
we need to love ourselves first.
Would you add 25 words of your own?
The 25 Words of Work / Life Wisdom Writing Project
Will you accept my invitation to put 25 words of advice or wisdom into a blog post? Here’s how you might go about it.
- Look for something you see too much or too little of.
- Write a sentence about it.
- Count the words you have written.
- Edit the sentence until you have 25 words exactly. Notice how your idea changes as you edit and how your feelings change with each rewrite.
- Add a picture if you can.
- Post your 25 words on your blog by July 19th.
- Link back to this post or leave a link to your post in the comments section.
I don’t want to miss yours when I compile all of them.
It will be my challenge to a creative way to connect all of the ideas together. In a giant “25 words of wisdom” blog post, featuring what you wrote.
Are you in? Surely you have 25 words to spare for this one.
Click to see the SLIDES of what everyone wrote.
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Work with Liz!!