Yesterday I wrote about David Sifry’s State of the Blogosphere–Part 2 Message. I ended that post with the question, What will you do? I wasn’t really talking to Niall Kennedy, but he did something anyway.
Technorati’s Still Broken, Niall Leaves, and
We Get Bells and Whistles
This via Duncan Riley at the Blog Herald: Niall Kennedy left his job at Technorati. Mr. Kennedy doesn’t discuss his reasons for departing. Click the logo to get to the Blog Herald Story. Then come back to find out what to do about it.
Duncan isn’t the only one concerned. Martin is wondering in the comments here why Technorati is introducing new features when their basic engine and tracking service is broken. So are lots of other people. I’m getting daily emails on the subject.
Use a Whistle–Give Janice Technorati AUTHORITY
The way I see it. Janice Myint needs more than Janice to fix what’s wrong at Technorati. It’s time to get throw some real support behind her. So why not use the whistle David Sifry just handed us–AUTHORITY.
Let’s give Janice Myint Authority, by getting everyone to LINK TO JANICE.
We’ll need to do this with some saavy. We don’t want Janice to end up in the Google sandbox. I propose we work together on the honor system. Are you with me?
For SEO reasons, we need a variety of link types and a variety of link names. Keep these guidelines in mind.
- Not everyone should use the exact title of her blog.
- Not everyone should blogroll her blog. Some should be links to individual posts.
- Some should be comment links.
- Not everyone should link today, tomorrow, or the next day.
Choose one of the options below to pick your link day.
- 1. Choose the last letter in your last name. Count its place in the alphabet. Count out that many days from today and link to Janice’s blog on that day.
- 2. When you get your next link to your own blog. Link to Janice’s blog.
- 3. If a friend or family member has a birthday, anniversary or other occasions between now and April 1st, link to Janice’s blog on that day.
- 4. When you get the third, or fourth, or fifth, “Sorry Technorati is . . .” message, link to Janice’s blog.
Janice’s URL is http://janicetechnorati.blogspot.com/
This will get real attention, if enough of us do it. We have the power to make a difference.
I’d trade the bells and whistles for a smooth-working engine that tracks my links accurately.
Wouldn’t you? Link to Janice.
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Dear Niall Kennedy and David Sifry at Technorati
Janice Myint at Technorati Is in Customer Support
Explore the Magic Middle with Authority
Want Technorati Fixed? Link to Janice. Give Janice AUTHORITY.