August 28, 2007
Liz published this at 11:15 am
From the Thinker Himself
My friend, Ilker, has sent me a challenge as a writer. It’s one that appeals, because not too long ago Lisa Gates remarked at how my writing style has changed over time. The challenge Ilker sent was to select five original must-read articles that I wrote throughout history (so to speak).
Five Original Must-Read Articles by Liz . . . um, er, . . . me
Ilker’s challenge meant spending a while digging through the 2000 posts on this old blog. It was reliving the time I grew up here. I saw faces of the people who’ve passed through these posts and the so many others I considered including.
Who knows how and why I chose these that I did? I guess it was a bit sentiment, a bit practicality, and a bit of “oh why not?”
Without further ado, here they are.
- February 16, 2006 . . . Why Pete Townshend Doesn’t Need to Do Promotion From his days with The Who, it was clear Pete marched to a different drummer. When it comes to blog marketing and promotion, it seems the same way. As far as I can tell, Pete didnâ€™t follow any of the recommended wisdom.
- March 16, 2006 . . . The 10 Skills Most Critical to Your Future Intellectual propertyâ€“contentâ€“is an asset that not only gets produced, but reproduced, reconfigured, and repurposed for variety of media. Those who produce intellectual property are builders of wealth. An original idea that solves a problem or presents an opportunity is worth more now than it ever has
- June 24, 2006 . . . 9 + 1 Things Every Reader Wants from a Writer My experience is that beginners and experts are not that different when they read. They might choose to read different things, but we all do. Beyond that difference of content, beginners, experts, and those of us in the middle — all readers — want the same things from a writer.
- July 31, 2006 . . . 10 Reasons Creative Folks Make Us Crazy What are the traits that creative folks have in common? Are we all creative? Is there anyone whoâ€™s not? Can I boost my creativity? Am I a creative freak? Questions follow creativity â€” what is it, how does it work, and how do we access our Creativity at Work to make our brand and business stronger?
- January 26, 2007 . . . The Top 10 Ways to Start Living Your Life We donâ€™t measure life in hours and minutes. We measure life in memories and moments. What do you think of when you read this sentence? It was the time of my life. We donâ€™t say that often enough.
been. Those who develop and mold original ideas are the new â€œkiller app.â€
So there they are. Every one from over six months ago — a look into the past. Now I’m wondering what’s in your past? Are you still saying the same things? Will you share too?
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Work with Liz!!