Guest Speaker: Terry Starbucker
5 Things I Look For In a Blog Ã¢â¬â
- Fine Style Ã¢â¬â The look and the “feel” of a site on first glance sets the tone for the reading to come; if the presentation is messy, than the writing probably is too.
- Good Headline Writing Ã¢â¬â I like to be “grabbed” by pithy and oftentimes whimsical headlines that pull me into the post
- Positivity Ã¢â¬â Now I couldn’t call myself a “Half-Fuller” if I didn’t prefer a positive take on your subject matter, would I?
- Subject Matter Passion Ã¢â¬â Care about what you are writing about, put that on the page, and I’ll gobble it up
- Simplicity and Elegance of Prose Ã¢â¬â I can’t help it, I paid attention in English class Ã¢â¬â I love the proper and concise use of the language (including punctuation and spelling.
Thank you, Terry!
Visit Terry’s blog, Ramblings from a Glass Half Full, to get and keep a positive view on people, life, business, and what things are about. –ME “Liz” Strauss
Let’s open the Q&A . . .
I’ll go first. Terry, what is the one thing that will get you to keep coming back to a blog??
During the Virtual Conference today, you can take $100 off registration to SOBCon 07.