Ready for Round 2
Last week I invited you to critique my “Work With” page. Those of you who stepped up offered so much insight and information. I had to put your suggestions to work. After a few hours and quite a few revisions, I’m bringing it back for another look.
Here’s what I did.
- I made the Opening headline about the reader. I didn’t make it a question. Do you think I should?
- I also rewrote that opening section to reflect the final page once it was rewritten.
- I made the entire page more specific.
- The emphasis on connecting began to feel forced so it went away.
- Everything is now more concrete.
- At first I didn’t think adding the testimonials would work — I was trying to keep the page short. Finally, I put them in. I like how they add to the conversation.
- I used her suggested three parts and added a fourth that was missing.
I also changed the picture and made all of the writing parallel.
First, a huge thank you! A special thank you to Joanna, Mike, and Shama for writing their thoughts out here for all to see. I thought it only fair that I show you the result. To see the full page, click on the link above the screenshot.
All of the credit goes to you. Thank you again. It’s true that
No person can be inside the thinking and outside the thinking at the same time.
I’m one lucky blogger to have an incredibly cool team you!
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Work with Liz!!