Bye, Bye, Stephens Bill
Pack up all your cares and woe,
See the uninformed talk go,
Bye, Bye, Bad Bill . . .
I guess we all had our moments when
- we didn’t know there was a problem
- we didn’t understand net neutrality
- we didn’t think it was about us
- we didn’t think we could do a thing
- we realized that we had to do something, anything
- we made what noise that we could.
- we didn’t know whether anyone would listen
- we figured this Congress would let it sit.
Here’s what happened . . .
That petition you signed. I signed one just like you. There were 1.2 million people who took the time to do it too.
We made a noise of our own.
It was LOUD together.
It was LOUDER THAN THE LOBBYISTS.
IT WAS LOUD ENOUGH FOR CONGRESS TO HEAR.
They took action before they closed the 109th Congress.
It was you and me and people like us that did that.
You and I made a difference.