That Intriguing Answer
Answering the simple question “What do you do?” can be stressful. If we’re not prepared we can offer all of the wrong details of our lives. Actually sometimes, we can offer our entire lives in total.
If instead we know who we are and what we’re about, we have our information sorted and internalized. We can answer the question with confidence in such a way that folks will ask us to elaborate on what we do and why.
I wrote about how to prepare your own answer in
To fill out the information, I researched what other folks are saying on related topics, especially the famous “elevator pitch.” Here’s the best I found from around the blogosphere. They are 20 links to add to the article I wrote yesterday.
- 5 tips for creating an ‘elevator pitch’
- Sixty Seconds With…You (The Personal Elevator Pitch)
- The Elevator Pitch
- How to Craft a Killer Elevator Pitch That Will Land You Big Business Pitch
- Elevator Pitch Goes Internet
- Elevator Pitch: YOUR TV Show Opening Narration
- With The Elevator Pitch, Finding Beauty in Simplicity is Key
- Is An Elevator Pitch Really That Important?
- Get your â€œelevator pitchâ€ ready!
- Improve Your Elevator Pitch to Raise Startup Capital
- Helpful Hints For A Successful Elevator Pitch
- Networking and the 30 Second Elevator Pitch By Josh Hinds
- Everyone needs an elevator pitch
- In 30 seconds or less what is your elevator pitch?
- The 30 Second Motto Elevator Pitch
- Elevator Pitch – How to talk about your Business?
- The Perfect (Elevator) Pitch
- Complacency Is For The Dogs
Captivation Promotes Creation
- Difference between an Elevator Pitch and an Elevator Story
Remember that an elevator pitch is more appropriate for a product or an idea. The “What do you do?” question is a chance to open a conversation.
Use these as you find them useful. Then tell me. What you do?
–ME “Liz” Strauss
If you’d like Liz to help you find your strategy, click on the Work with Liz!! page in the sidebar.
3.2: Three Steps to a Killer Tagline that Customers Pass On
Strategy: 40 Outstanding Blog Links, Bookmark Carefully!
20 Blog Promotion Guides to Inform Your Strategy
Strategy: How to Get Maximum Benefit from Complex Link Lists
The 5-Point Strategy to a Powerful Network