I forget the important things when I’m stressed. Do you struggle with this too? I focus on the wrong things and minimize the important while spiraling on the insignificant. I often need to be reminded of what’s important. So here are 11 things we forget but should always remember:
- We can’t ask our employees to do something we aren’t willing to do.
- Humility is unique and attractive.
- People only know what we want when we tell them.
- Customers are like wives – even when they seem locked-down, they still need romanced.
- To-do lists are important, but people are even more so.
- Autonomy and cooperation is life-giving for everyone. Micromanagement and dictatorship is exhausting and frustrating for everyone.
- A genuine thank you can impact the receiver way more than we know.
- Dedication is rare and precious.
- Simpler is better. You can always expand.
- Culture comes from the top but can revolutionize from the bottom.
- The hard is what makes it great. If it wasn’t hard everyone would do it.
Life, work and business can all be hard. Even the weather seems out to get us at times. Let’s remember to pour ourselves into what’s important and care for those around us.
What are some things you remember to bring you back to what’s important?
Cover image info: Original, royalty-free image from Death To The Stock Photo.
About the author: Lindsey Tolino comes alongside artisans, craftsman and people monetizing their passions to help them create healthy businesses. She shares her heart at ToBusinessOwners.com. Follow her on Twitter @LindseyTolino.