What’s News at Successful Blog?
Yesterday, I posted the Ultimate Guide to Status Reports. My goal was to explain how I found that The routine of â€œpublishingâ€ a status report also keeps everyone aware when priorities when changing and where stresses might be coming in. Status reports also keep us aware of how weâ€™re doing on reaching our goals.
I also think that putting a status report on top of this blog might make things more transparent. You’ll get a chance to see where things are going and to offer to jump and be a part if you are feeling like this community might be a great place to showcase something that you know.
You’ll note I’ve added a new heading in the fourth slot.
- Made the Chicago Tribune Business Section!
- Put a feedback request out there with a free consulting offer. What Youâ€™re Thinking, What Chris Brogan Said, and a Contest
- The first packets for Models and Mastermind Teams are available for anyone who wants to see them. Email me — lizsun2 [at] gmail [dot] com for a copy.
- Three clients completed the 6-week business coaching intensive with new focus and action plans. Two new clients are starting this week. Exciting!
- Have started the SOBCon / Successful-Blog master email list and planning. SOBCon09 is May 1-3 in Chicago! Sign up in the sidebar if you want to know what’s happening. You know I don’t have time to spam you. 🙂
- Joined Plurk. I think it’s more fun than Twitter, but not as efficient.
Issues and Requests
- Models and Masterminds for Companies — I’m looking for two VPs in Chicago businesses — VP of Marketing and VP of Sales — that want to partner on a social media training project. Email me — lizsun2 [at] gmail [dot] com for details.
- Models and Masterminds Teams — the time / $$ commitment might be a barrier. I thinking of restructuring the offer. Email me — lizsun2 [at] gmail [dot] com if you have ideas about it. It’s a beta version. I don’t mind tweaking it. Both bloggers and nonbloggers are signed up.
- I’m adding two contributing editors to Successful-Blog. No fortune, but possible fame involved.
- Got Ideas? Want to write a guest post? Send me your idea and tell me how it fits this community.
- Advice and Questions: Please look for answers in what I’ve written, before you email questions. If you don’t know me, please introduce yourself and know that I do this for a living. I get hundreds of questions and requests monthly.
Progress on Projects
- About the ebook: A Writer’s Guide to Writing a Successful and Outstanding Blog is in the final phases and should be available for sale by mid-June.
- Beam Global Social Media Campaign Life Cycle Tracking Project: The first interview with Jason Falls is in.
- TSheets Interview: First questions to this company that needs to reach online and offline customers are being answered.
Conspired With and Learned From
- Met the folks from Everything Attitude and Attitude Digest magazine. You’ll soon be hearing lots about them.
- Worked with ongoing business coaching clients.
- Helped a client get to a more customer-driven website design and navigation
- Went to a British Midlands seminar on starting a UK business
- Discussed arrangements with potential clients.
- Shared a big idea with and / or got sage advice from Dawud Miracle, Jason Fall, Chris Brogan, Lorelle van Fossen, and others.
Short Term Goals
- Finish ebook by Tuesday.
- Plan goals with City University of London Web 2.0 team.
- Write questions for Part 2 of the Beam Global Social Media Tracking Project.
- Send two invoices for work completed.
- Follow-up on offline networking class under construction.
- Move all ongoing projects forward to the next step by next week.
Publishing this was a good thing. It’s good business to put some things in writing.