At Open Comments this week, we talked about the Twitter Apps we find most useful and most fun to use. If you are a Twitter maven, you’ll see immediately that this is not a comprehensive list, but as a maven, you’d also know that many apps do the same things. At the end of the list I’ve included a reference to a longer list for you.
- Twitter — the original web-based microblogging platform
- TwitterSearch — find a tweet, a topic, or a person
- TweetDeck — breaks down an abundance of twitter feeds into more manageable pieces.
- Twhirl — a social software desktop client for Twitter delivery, based on the Adobe AIR platform.
- Digsby — IMs, Email, and Social Networking in one
- Twitterific — clean and simple twitter interface
- iTweet another clean, simple Twitter interface
- SocialToo — organizes Twitter, identi.ca and Facebook
- Twitterfon — Simple, fast Twitter client for the iPhone and iPod Touch
- Twitter Feed — get your blog (or any other RSS or Atom feed) twittering
- TweetBeep Keep track of conversations that mention you, your products, your company, through email alerts
- TweetScan Search what people are saying
- TwitScoop — real-time tag cloud of Twitter topic trends
- Monitter real-time search of mulitple keywords
- 12seconds.TV — just as its name implies and in Twitter-sized pieces Review
- blippr — discuss, discover, and organize media
- Crowd Status — visual interface to follow a group in real time
- My Tweeple — see your followers in a new way
- Qwitter — get an email when someone stops following you
- Twellow — Twitter Yellow Pages – Good way to find people based on location or business/interest category.
- Twinfluence — rates reach, velocity, centrality, and social capital
- Twistori — tracking Twitter emotions, inspired by wefeelfine
- Twitpic — for sharing photos Review
- Twitter100 — track 100 followers in real-time
- Twitter Grader — find out how your stats add up
- TwitterLocal — find Twitters in your geographic area
- TwitterSpy — see the location of every tweet on the public timeline
- Twitt(url)y — see which urls are popular
- Twubble recommends more people to follow
- Twitter FAQ for Newbies
- Autoresponders: Good Marketing or Missing the Point?
- Twittermania: 140+ More Twitter Tools! More tools than anyone needs — but fun to have.
- UPDATE Matthew Ray also suggested this resource: TwitterWiki Go crazy with Twitter tools
Keeping Alert to Trends
Dial2Do — phone it in
Three Articles Worth a Twit
It was a fast conversation that brought together the best Twitter Tools of the group. Hope they help you tweet in style.
Are your personal favorites on the list? Feel free to add the best in the comments if they’re not here.