It’s a Surprise Quiz!
Content is king. It is the product and the service we offer to our readers. Content is what they come for. So when we look on our front page, our job is to make sure that readers will find what they came for. Our posts are our way of extending ourselves, our thoughts, our business savvy, and our expertise. They are the flag that carries our branding message to the world in every sentence.
Sometimes we can look in the wrong direction. Instead of choosing for our readers we unconsciously choose for ourselves.
I use this 5 Point Pop Quiz to check today’s post.
- What was my purpose for writing today’s post?
- Who is the audience who will enjoy the post? Are they the core audience of my blog or business?
- Is there real content in the post? If it’s a link list, do I personally recommend every link on offer? If I’m passing on information, have I added my own insights, analysis, and value to it?
- What will my readers learn or get from reading today’s post? Will they be informed, entertained, or moved to action?
- For today’s post, did Ichoose for myself or for my readers?
Now and then we all forget and find we chose ourselves over our readers. Other times we write for each other, rather than for the folks we want as customers. I’ve been writing for years and I know I still get caught there.
I hope your post passed this 5 Point Pop Quiz with flying colors — the flying colors of a brand well focused on your readers. If not, I bet you know just what to do. . . .
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Don’t forget to sign up to meet me in Chicago. Seats are, oh so, limited.