A Guest Post by
The only way to know for certain that you wonât win the Publisherâs Clearinghouse is to
not enter the sweepstakes.
The same principle applies to just about every opportunity out there. The successful
entrepreneurs, A-list bloggers, and business leaders all made it because of two things:
?rst, they had radar for opportunities, and second, they seized them.
Think about it. What might have passed you by in the last week or so because you
thought it was too dif?cult, you didnât have time, you didnât have the skills, or you just
plain thought âIâll never make it.â Instead, you should be opportunistic in a good way.
Here are some tips:
- Recognize your little voice – when it starts telling you why you canât grasp that chance, donât listen. Tell it to take a break while you submit that guest post inquiry.
- Train yourself to see opportunities – you need ?nely tuned opportunity radar. Notice the call for speaker submissions and recognize it as a chance for you to shine.
- Remember that if you donât ask, you donât get – the only reason I am blogging here right now is because I summoned up the guts to ask. Take a deep breath and do it.
- Donât get discouraged – the other differentiator for successful people is that they use every rejection as a springboard to the next opportunity. They move on quickly to the next one until they are successful.
- Always have âlines in the oceanâ – you can add so much excitement to your life if you have several things out there, waiting for a response. Will you get accepted to that course? Will your panel proposal be accepted for the conference? Will your photograph win the contest? How much fun to go through life waiting for exciting news!
How about an assignment this week? Go right now and ?nd an opportunity, then just go for it without fear. Tell them Rosemary and Liz sent you.
Author’s Bio: Rosemary OâNeill is an insightful spirit who works for social strata — a top ten company to work for on the Internet . Check out their blog. You can find her on Google+ and on Twitter as @rhogroupee
Thank you, Rosemary!
ME “Liz” Strauss