In honor of their third anniversary as a company, Technorati has rolled out a major upgrade. The billboard that Technorati has changed their view to customer-centered is that when you sign in, you’ll find the home page is about you, your blogs, and what you might find interesting — not about Technorati.
I’m already liking these changes.
- The Home Page brings what I need together. Everything I use daily is there. I love that the ping is right on top. I can click directly to my indexed posts.
- The link counts are a lot more accurate. Thank you.
- Favorites makes sense and is easier. I’m MUCH more likely to use Favorites Now.
- Technorati Browser Buttons are one reason I’m more likely to use Favorites now.
- The Search function is faster and has more filters. I very much like that I can filter by language.
- The Search results have extended excerpts. (Show details.) I can take a closer look without having to click through.
- The support text is written clearly. That’s a BIG deal to me. Thanks Technorati for getting a great writer to write these bits and pieces. No confusion or ambiguity whatsoever in anything I’ve read so far.
- I also love the quieter new layout.
Check out this tool for business blogging, blog promotion, and branding. You can read about it and see a video of the features at Sifry’s Alerts by clicking on this title.
Happy Birthday, Technorati! Thank you, David and Technorati, for the present!
–ME “Liz” Strauss