An Internet of Taglines
Writing a tagline can seem an overwhelming task. How do you pack all of that promise into four or five simple words that will resonate with the folks you want to reach?
I discussed the strategy behind taglines yesterday.
To fill out the information, I thought I might reseach what some other folks are saying. Here’s the best I found from around the blogosphere. They are 25 to add to the one I wrote yesterday.
- Several Links and Information worth exploring: Channel 9 Tagline/Strapline Contest!
- Tag Lines Can Make Or Break Your Advertising
- A Good Tagline Is A Terrible Thing To Waste
- Wag the Tagline – The Rhetoric of Brand Messaging
- Tag, Youâ€™re It: Benefiting From a Memorable Tagline
- The Phrase that Pays- Creating a Tagline You Can Take to the Bank
- Tagline – your brand mantra
- How a Great Tagline can Help your Business
- Drew McLellan: Is a Tagline Part of the Brand?
- Does this Tagline â€œGet it Done?â€
- That’s not a tagline!
- Taglines – Why Your Brand Needs a Tagline
- Got tagline? Arrrggghh!!
- Tagline Basics
- Are You Tagging? Create a Successful Tagline for Your Business
- Zzzzzzâ€¦Oh, was that a Tagline?
- Create a Winning Tagline: The Best Column You Can Get for a Box of Chocolate
- Playing with some homeschool stereotypes
- The Power of Taglines: Take My Tagline Test!
- 1% company ownership for a tagline
- YouTube Digger Tagline Poll
- Tagline Randomizer for WordPress
- RANDOM TAGLINE MANAGER
- Job description of a movie tagline writer: Big Screen, a Few Small Words
- How To: Hide Title and Tagline
Software and Other Related Posts
Sometimes immersion is the best way to get to know how to do something.
I gathered these links as a resource. Everyone needs a different sort of support when it comes executing the vision of a business that customers will see. Find the ones that suit you and take the wisdom you need.
What words will you use to define your promise in a tagline?
Want to test a few? Write them in the comment box here.
–ME “Liz” Strauss
If you’d like Liz to help you find your strategy, click on the Work with Liz!! page in the sidebar.
3.2: Three Steps to a Killer Tagline that Customers Pass On
Strategy: 40 Outstanding Blog Links, Bookmark Carefully!
20 Blog Promotion Guides to Inform Your Strategy
Strategy: How to Get Maximum Benefit from Complex Link Lists
The 5-Point Strategy to a Powerful Network