NOT Just a PageRank Update
Every Monday, I check in to see how the web world is treating me. It seems that Technorati has left me out in the cold . . . my 180-day archives have been only 60-90 days deep for over a year now. When I wrote last week, no one answered. . . .
But it’s looking like Google may be having a change of heart . . . We could have a mutually-beneficial relationship again. Something more than a PageRank update is definitely going on. PageRank seems to be getting an entirely new definition.
- I see it in my backlinks.
- I see in new site links for Successful-Blog.
- I see it in the way my SERPs are playing out and in the Webmaster tools information being reported.
- I see it a change in PageRank for LizStauss.com, The SOBCon08 Blog and one other URL I own.
Other signs life and page rank is changing . . .
- Live PR Live Pagerank appears to be dead. Every site is coming up 0. Note: the Alexa ranks are coming through fine.
- The same thing — 0 PR for every site — appears to be happening at Smart PageRank
- iwebtools PageRank Checker is reporting changes and lots of “Datacenter down” responses.
And then, of course, there are the blogs taken down hard last October . . .
10 Sites Hit in October . . . Today
Some stats collected by Daily Blogging Tips last October and the current page rank reported by more than one tool. NOTE: Google datacenters are still dancing, not all datacenters are reporting. That means numbers could go anywhere.
- Statcounter (from 10 to 6) ………. today is coming up 9
- Engadget (from 7 to 5) ………. today is coming up 7
- AutoBlog (from 6 to 4) ………. today is coming up 7
- Search Engine Journal (from 7 to 4) ………. today is coming up 7
- Quick Online Tips (from 6 to 3) ………. today is coming up 6
- Weblog Tools Collection (from 6 to 4) ………. today is coming up 4
- Washington Post (from 7 to 5) ………. today is coming up 8
- Forbes.com (from 7 to 5) ………. today is coming up 7
- SFGate.com (from 7 to 5) ………. today is coming up 5
- Sun Times (from 7 to 5) ………. today is coming up 5
I love looking for patterns in Google thinking.
What does this mean? Do you care?
–ME “Liz” Strauss
Work with Liz!!