What else is your marketing calling out for? Are you working on text messaging to your client base?
If not, this is something you should consider as it’s a huge market to reach clients and increase their loyalty and longevity.
Mobility is Key
Because so many people have mobile devices these days, and keep these devices with them at virtually all times, mobile marketing has become a great platform to reach customers.
You won’t want to miss out on this market, and with a text messaging service, it’s all the easier. It’s just a matter of choosing the right one to fit your needs.
As the article, “How to choose the right text messaging service for your business” looks at, keep these ideas in mind:
- Do some research – Find out the different services that providers offer, and decide what options you are looking for. Do you want it all, or will you be happy with a basic text messaging service? Check out how fees are calculated while you are doing this, because your budget is something to consider when choosing options.
- Look at client support – You don’t want to get stuck with text messages going out willy-nilly, or encounter other issues with no help or support. Read some reviews and find out how the different services manage a problem and how much support they offer. You’re paying for a service; you should be able to count on support.
- Compatibility – Make sure the text messaging service is compatible with the mobile service providers in your area. You want to be able to reach the major providers and if you have some smaller ones in your client base, those, too.
- Look for someone willing to work with you and your needs – You want to be able to trust your text messaging service, just like you want your customers to trust you. Not only do you want support if there’s a problem, but you should also be able to look to your service for advice on what’s best for you. At the very least, you don’t want them pushing something you don’t need.
- Talk to colleagues and other small business owners – Whether in person or via social media, reach out to similar business and see who they are using and if they are happy. You know how important work of mouth is, tap into it.
Any new endeavor is exciting and a little nervy.
Check into some different text messaging services; see what they offer and how each fits your needs.
Soon your customers will look forward to that weekly text from you, and your business may increase before your very eyes.
Photo credit: BigStockPhoto.com
About the Author: Heather Legg is an independent writer covering topics related to small business, social media and working from home.